Summer Medieval Madness Author’s Hop!
Here’s another fun author’s hop to participate in starting August 2 – the grand prize is a Kindle Fire HDX! Wow!! So here are your instructions:
- Using the links provided, visit all 11 author’s sites.
- On each site, collection the featured hero’s name from the banner.
- Enter all of the names into the Rafflecopter on Elizabeth Rose’s website for a chance to win!
11) Lana Williams
My featured hero is: ATTICUS
And a great Medieval recipe to try!
Lady Honey’s Cheese and Honey Pie
1 9-inch pie shell (Lady Honey would have had her cooks make their own, but for the sake of the modern recipe, you can purchase a ready-made shell)
½ lbs soft to medium white cheese (Gouda works well or any other tart, white cheese – must not be hard!)
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
“Pinch” (two tiny sprigs) of Spanish Saffron
“Pinch” of cinnamon
- Make sure you have a hot oven (400 degrees)
- Brown pie shell for 10 minutes in hot oven. Remove.
- Cut cheese into smaller chunks. Put cheese, eggs, butter, milk, honey, salt, saffron and cinnamon into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35 minutes more.
- Remove pie and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle more honey over the top of the pie, add candied rose petals for garnish, and serve hot to the knights who are waiting for it.